Tuesday, 24 February 2009

Well, sorry guys and girls but we're back onto dilation again today, as I've had to slightly adjust my dilation routine. I now have to get to my depth with the medium dilator, which is now taking about 30-40 minutes, then continue with dynamic dilation for another 15 minutes. Once this is done, I remove the medium dilator and repeat the process with the larger dilator. Thankfully, I don't have to get this one to full depth. Dr Suporn said anything past 4 inches is fine. Looking at the large dilator always frightened me, and I always maintained that 'that thing is not going to fit inside me'! Well I have to say I was supprised. It slides in with no problem and doesn't cause me any pain or discomfort. I am still very sore down there, and I have had to reduce my walking pace slightly. I have another check up later today, so will see what Dr Suporn has to say this time. I have still only regained that quarter of an inch, and keeping that is really hard work.

Yesturday, I managed to get out a little more and ventured across the road to the shopping mall. I didn't do the bridge, although I thought I probably could if I wanted to. We crossed the busy main road, which has 3 lanes in both dirrections and traffic is unpredictable. It took us about 15 minutes to get a gap big enough to toddle over. It felt great to have that little bit of extra freedom. The mall is air conditioned, and we had a good look round on 3 out of 4 floors before I had to sit down and have a drink. I knew at this point I needed to head back to the clinic, where I could have a rest. On the way back I wanted to try the bridge, I felt ready for it. I took each step very slowly and gently lifted one leg at a time onto the next step. I had to have a rest at the top, due to the heat more than anything, but otherwise didn't have a problem. It probably took about the same amount of time as crossing the busy road, but it was the sence of achievement that mattered to me. Sure enough, when we got to the clinic I had a lay down on the sofa and a glass of cold water was given to me. After 30 minutes or so, I was ready to head back to the hotel to start my afternoon dilation.

We also had some lunch, then I wanted to work on my tan so we headed off to a hotel down the road that has a roof top swimming pool. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to swim after the operation but I only wanted to sunbath anyway. It was 3pm and the heat was still really hot, and I managed to lay there for 30 minutes before I was just too hot.
Post a Comment