Monday 16 February 2009

Shower at last

Sunday morning the nurses arrived to help me to the shower once again. I was determined this time and I'd spent the morning drinking loads of the fizzy pop. The routine to my feet was the same as previously mentioned, although a little quicker. Off I toddle to the shower room, a nurse under each arm. I got there!! The was a chair in the shower with what can only be described as a 'tyre inner tube' on it. Simple, effective and comfortable. It was so exhilarating to be in the shower and using my own shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. After a few minutes, the nurses left me too it. I should mention here that I was told to clean my 'wound' with hibiscrub. It's important to not use any other soaps etc. as the chemicals in them can cause rashes or burns. Lets face it anyway, nothing is going to keep it infection free better than hibicrub. When I was finished I shouted a nurse. Two came, they haded me a towel and helped me back to my bed. I was then dried down and 'talc' powder was applied. I was once again exhausted, but the sense of achievement I had was immense. I couldn't wait for tomorrow, when my time to leave the hospital would finally arrive.

No comments: